Thursday 22 February 2007

Porridge refusal and some dissapointing boreks

Not too hungry this morning, and the baby did not feel like eating porridge again. She has dismissed our offers of porridge, a food that I thought would mark the start of every morning of her childhood over the next few years, for the last four days. So I did not have to make porridge this morning. Instead, she was offered banana, yoghurt and raw oats, which she rejected in favour of a breast feed. I had a cup of orange pekoe tea, and 3 ryvita crackers (the multigrain sort) with tehina.

I thank Babe for the suggestion of tehina instead of peanut butter, which I love, but find too heavy and, in large quantities, junky. I’m not good at just taking a smear of it. Tehina is more refreshing than its muddy looks are evidence of, and
doesn’t invite big globs to be smeared on things. I found the tea the best part of the breakfast though.

Lunch was just some boreks in the otherwise brilliant foodhall of Queen Vic Market, and I had the same experience with them as I alway do, although I am aware of their colossal reputation – I always find them oily and not too generous with the fillings, and tend to be disappointed and full after eating them.

No comments: